This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participants within the Oden community, as well as steps to reporting unacceptable behavior. We are committed to providing a welcoming and inspiring community for all and expect our code of conduct to be honored. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be banned from the community.
Our open source community strives to:
- Be friendly and welcoming.
- Be patient: Remember that people have varying communication styles, speak different native languages and that misunderstandings occur.
- Be welcoming: We strive to be a community that welcomes and supports all, regardless of level of experience, ethnicity, social and economic class, appearance, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, age, religion, nationality or other similar characteristic.
- Be respectful: Not all of us will agree all the time, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behavior and poor manners. We might all experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack. It’s important to remember that a community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a productive one.
- Be careful in the words that we choose: Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Harassment and other exclusionary behavior aren’t acceptable.
- Try to understand why we disagree: Disagreements, both social and technical, happen all the time. It is important that we resolve disagreements and differing views constructively. Remember that we’re different. Focus on helping to resolve issues and learning from mistakes.
- Avoid destructive behavior:
- Derailing: stay on topic; if you want to talk about something else, start a new conversation.
- Unconstructive criticism: don’t merely decry the current state of affairs; try to offer suggestions as to how things may be improved.
- Any spamming, trolling, flaming, baiting or other attention-stealing behaviour is not welcome.
If you experience or witness unacceptable behavior — or have any other concerns — please report it by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org. All reports will be handled with discretion.